Grasping the trends and developments of the logistics industry and based on the supports of the customers for Domestic Service, PCL’s General Director has put new steps up to local logistics service.
In order to penetrate logistics market, PCL’s shareholders themselves find and keep contact as well as establish the relation with customers who are huge local manufacturers and largest multinational companies in Vietnam. In order to be engaged in the transportation for those customers via their yearly RFQ tender, PCL’s shareholders have to involve in the preparation for the tender, make presentation about the logistics solutions to customers’ procurement team and answer their direct interview questions. Once the company is nominated as the official supplier, PCL’s shareholders have to manage to provide the logistics service as committed to the customers.
In addition to providing logistics service to the customers’ finished products including transportation, forwarding, tallying… PCL’s General Director also works with these customers to expand the co-operation by providing the service for their import inputs including customs clearance, trucking, tallying….
After a couple of years in logistics industry, PCL has been providing services to a series of companies including TJS Technical Services and Construction Joint Stock (who majors in high-tech mechanic construction, production and installment like building brand-new oil rig, vessel…), Bien Hoa Sugar Joint Stock Company (who is currently the top brand of Vieitnamese sugar), Hyundai Aluminum Vina Shareholding Company (who is 100 percent foreign-owned enterprise with three famous companies namely Dong Yang Gangchul Co.Ltd., Hyundai Aluminum Co.Ltd., and Gogang Aluminum Co.Ltd.), Wilmar Agro Vietnam Company (who majors in producing rice bran and rice bran oil).
Besides above customers, PCL’s shareholders have also developed fair communications with customers who are big distributors of top-brand corporations like Prime (PRIME is one of leading corporates in Building Material Business in Vietnam.), VADFCO (Van Dien Fertilizer Company – Vietnamese No. 1 fertilizer producer)… For these esteemed customers to be able to dedicate in their core businesses, PCL provides them with package logistics service from coding, tallying, packaging, stuffing, transporting by trucks, ships and barges to bring their cargo from the North (Viet Tri Province) to the Mekong River Delta (Can Tho, Tra Noc, Cai Cui, Hau Giang, Soc Trang…) and vice versa. This package logistics service has been highly appreciated by PCL’s customers and is recommended by them to other customers.
For more than twenty years experienced in shipping business and operating above-mentioned services, PCL’s shareholders have built up good relationship with many huge manufacturers namely Diana Unicharm Joint Stock Company (baby's best brand for Napkins and women's best brand for Sanitary Napkins in Vietnam), FrieslandCampina Vietnam (whose brand of Dutch Lady and Friso is market leader in Vietnam in infant and children's nutrition), TH Food Chain Joint Stock Company (Vietnam’s top-brand of fresh milk), Ptocter & Gamble – P&G Vietnam, Unilever Vietnam, Masan Nutri-Science Co. Ltd (who manufactures and markets animal feed in Vietnam), Tan Hiep Phat Beverage Group (“THP”) (Vietnam's largest FMCG (Fast-moving Consumer Goods) company), Vietnam Food Industry Joint Stock Company (VIFON) (Vietnam’s first company that built instant food industry since 1963) … Together with the establishment of the relationship with these customers, PCL’s shareholders have studied carefully their requirements for logistics service as well as their yearly bidding. Therefore, PCL’s shareholders strongly believe that PCL shall win the tender for 2018.
PCL runs the service for transporting cargo in containers by sea between the North, the South and the Central of Vietnam. In order to meet the higher demand of the customers, PCL is currently providing daily service.
PCL’s main routes are as follows:
- Hai Phong – Ho Chi Minh City – Hai Phong with 04-06 sailings/week on fixed sailing dates.
- Hai Phong – Ho Chi Minh City – Da Nang – Hai Phong with two sailings per week.
- - Hai Phong – Quy Nhon – Ho Chi Minh City – Hai Phong with biweekly sailing.
PCL’s shareholders are the very first persons who participated in the launching of Vinalines’ Domestic Service since 1996 – Vietnam’s first container shipping service connecting Hai Phong – Ho Chi Minh City and vice versa.
The domestic service is running not only for transporting domestic cargo but for transshipment cargo and empty containers, too.
International Maritime Transport Service:
PCL serves the service for both container transportation by sea and multimodal transport.
PCL contributes effective transport solutions to the customers: We arrange for huge shipments (hundreds of containers) to be shipped on long-haul vessels to Vietnam and vice versa. During the whole transportation process, we perform all import & export formalities and control logistics service as well as choose the appropriate Main Line Operator (MLO) on behalf of our customers.
PCL’s strategic co-operation with MLO also brings the benefits for its customers with competitive freight rates, good-quality containers, available spaces on board the vessels.
Being a reliable Maritime Transport Service provider, PCL is in charge of carefully bringing customers’ cargo from Vietnam to all over the world and vice versa. Beyond marine transportation, PCL also provides value-added services to its customers like insurance, tallying, forwarding, customs clearance… The customers are frequently advised about the position of their shipment. Therefore, PCL is highly appreciate by both its customers and partners.
Container Trucking Service:Experience & Service:
- - Service:
- PCL provides the service for Door-to-Door and multi modal transport connecting special economic zones (SEZ) between the North and the South of Vietnam. Our cross border service from Vietnam to China offers a cost efficient and reliable solution to meet the growing transportation needs in the country. Our current customers are huge manufacturers namely 4 Oranges Co., Ltd, Diana Unicharm Joint Stock Company (baby's best brand for Napkins and women's best brand for Sanitary Napkins in Vietnam), FrieslandCampina Vietnam (whose brand of Dutch Lady and Friso is market leader in Vietnam in infant and children's nutrition), TH Food Chain Joint Stock Company (Vietnam’s top-brand of fresh milk), Masan Nutri-Science Co. Ltd (who manufactures and markets animal feed in Vietnam), Tan Hiep Phat Beverage Group (“THP”) (Vietnam's largest FMCG (Fast-moving Consumer Goods) company), Vietnam Food Industry Joint Stock Company (VIFON) (Vietnam’s first company that built instant food industry since 1963) …
- PCL also provides the trucking service for both laden and empty containers between Depots and ports in Hai Phong, Ho Chi Minh City, Da Nang, Quy Nhon…
- PCL ensures all trucks and chassis always meet the Governmental current rules and regulations.
- PCL makes sure all container trucks to arrive the customers’ warehouse on time and keeps the customers to be informed of truck driver’s name, truck registration number, container number… via email or SMS at least one or two hours before loading/unloading time. In addition, PCL always has its daily back-up plan for each customer.
- With individual username and password, any PCL’s customer can access PCL’s GPS system to check and follow their container position at any time.
- PCL’s drivers are all periodically trained:
- To inspect and warrant the condition of both truck & chassis before going to ICD (Inland Container Depot), depots and ports for picking up laden or empty containers. Only qualified trucks and chassis are allowed to serve the customers.
- To inspect and ensure the quality of both laden and empty containers before picking them up.
- To drive safe and prevent accidents on the roads as well as in the factories, warehouses, distribution centers…
- To abide by the current laws and regulations
- To obey Safety Regulations, Standard Operating Procedures (for both loading and unloading process), Working Routine, Discipline Rules… applied by the customers and their warehouses.
- To sign and hand out all documents relating to the shipment.
- To support the customers under any circumstances..
- A transportation management system (TMS) is used to plan and control throughout the transporting process. This is also applied to PCL’s vendors’ vehicles.
- PCL sets up each Standard Operating Procedures (S.O.P) with each customer based on their private requests. So that, PCL can serve the customers in accordance with their specific features.
- PCL owns 16 container trucks and 20 chassis.
- PCL has set up a network comprising 18 trucking vendors throughout the country in order to serve the customers’ demand during peak season periods and even when the customer’s demand increase amazingly (up to 200%).
Container Barging Service:Experience & Service:
- In the South: PCL has been providing the barging service for containerized cargo from Saigon ports to satellite ICD in Ho Chi Minh City’s area, to Dong Nai Port, Binh Duong Port, Long An Port, to a series of ports in Cai Mep (Ba Ria – Vung Tau) and vice versa. Thanks to barging service, the volume records of the company have been increasing year by year.
- In the Mekong River Delta:
- PCL’s service is provided to the customers who have the demand to transport the containers from the North (through Hai Phong port) to provinces in the Mekong River Delta and vice versa which is always considered as a potential market though it’s at the far end of the country.
- PCL’s core competitive ability in Container Barging Service lies in its two-way containerized cargo (Other competitors only have cargo from Ho Chi Minh City to Mekong River Delta and there’s nil cargo back).
- Combining own barge operation and fixed slot exchange/buying, PCL can implement up to seven sailings/week connecting Ho Chi Minh City and Mekong River Delta & v.v.
- Besides its own cargo COC (Carrier Owned Container), PCL also accepts SOC (Shipper Owned Container) including transshipment and empty containers of both MLO and NVOCC (Non-Vessel Operating Common Carrier).
- In the North:
- PCL is providing the service to transport containers between Hai Phong Port and Viet Tri Province (via Hai Linh Port).
- 02 barges of 24 Teu
- 02 barges of 36 Teu
- 04 barges of 54 Teu
- 01 barge of 128 Teu
PCL has been acting as General Agent in Vietnam territory for several International Principals and always commit to protect all rights of the Principal in Vietnam. We’ve been providing Husbandry Agent service to vessels calling Vietnamese main ports like Hai Phong, Quang Ninh, Da Nang, Quy Nhon, Cat Lai, Saigon Port, ports in Cai Mep (Ba Ria – Vung Tau)… over the years. As a trusted extension of Principal’s team, we keep their port stays short and their ships on the move.
With well-trained & qualified personnel and far-reaching networks throughout the country, we also act as Booking Agent for both foreign and domestic partners. While acting as Booking Agent, we’ve been performing well via our impressive volumes. To achieve this, we’ve treasured a dedicated Sales & Marketing team who are frequently trained by either foreign or local professional officers in shipping lines. PCL’s skillful Sales force has built up the Principals’ confidence to PCL over the years.
Furthermore, customer service executives always work whole-heartedly in the office to support the customers and the Sales & Marketing team, too. Both nominated and free-hand shipments are treated so well that not only the customers but also the Principal are happy with us. At the same time, PCL try by all means finds out the most simple and cost-saving ways to handle any issues to Principal’s equipment.
Time Chartering is one of the most prominent strength of PCL’s General Director who has superb skills for working with the Brokers and has exceptional skills for negotiating with either the Charterer or Shipowner. He is the one who knows how to manage a Charter party best for the benefit of the Charterer or Shipowner based on each situation.
Besides working with MLO about feeder services, PCL’s General Director has fruitfully signed Charter Party with MLO like K’line, T.S. Lines, American President Lines (APL), Evergreen, Wan Hai Line, Orient Express Lines (OEL)…
PCL’s General Director runs the business flexibly by operating the vessels among feeder service, time charter or domestic service… depending on the specifications of each vessel, on the draft and on the market situation, too.
PCL has entered a strategic agreement with ITL – a leading service provider of rail operations in Vietnam. ITL Railway Logistics operates a stable schedule of 5 days a week with offices in Ho Chi Minh City, Hanoi, and Danang specializing in domestic rail based logistics solutions in Vietnam.
In addition, ITL has invested in and operates the Yen Vien rail terminal in Hanoi. This competitive advantage enables ITL to offer a one of a kind, best in class rail logistics offering. Beyond traditional domestic rail and sea freight services, ITL also offers customized and value-add solutions, specializing in solution design for the specific needs of each customer such as high-value goods, heavy goods, emergency goods and raw material flows for manufacturing or project based requirements. ITL Railway Logistics provides market leading stable and reliable rail services for customers through operation excellence in KPI management, customer service and technology capability (GPS, SMS alerts amongst others).
PCL is operating and managing a Depot in Hai Phong providing its customers with following main services:
- Container Depot (for both laden and empty containers)
- Stuffing and Unstuffing (Loading/Unloading) cargoes
- Container repair services
- PCL’s Container fleet composes of 1,080x20’GP and 590x40’HC.
- In addition to owned containers, PCL has signed long-term contract with world famous leasing companies including Triton International, CAI (Container Applications International), SeaCube Container Leasing Ltd., CARU Containers…
PCL is providing services at following Depots in Vietnam:
PCL’S Container Fleet is controlled and managed domestically and internationally by a professional software. Therefore, any kind of container reports can be extracted at any time.
- PCL owns a team of skillful workers who major in Container M&R. Besides providing service for Container M&R at above-mentioned depots, PCL also provide this service at other depots and ports as customers’ request.
- PCL’s Container M&R workers are equipped with both domestic and international certificates like IICL5, RF container…
In addition to above-mentioned multimodal transportation and logistics services, PCL also provide Customs Clearance service for all customers.
PCL is a professional service provider for Customs Clearance. PCL’s personnel is usually trained on up-to-date rules and regulations at ports to make sure that they can handle the job at any time requested by our customers.
PCL’s staffs are skillful, experienced and hardworking persons. They all are comprehensive of the local and international Customs Procedures to ensure smooth operation everywhere.
In terms of Customs Clearance, PCL arranges adequate personnel and always puts its staffs on duty to serve the customers around the clock.
Based on the good and long-term relationship with different Customs Offices, PLC commits to handle all cases at the quickest and most cos-effective ways.
PCL’s Customs Clearance covers different types of services for:
- Import & export cargo for trading
- Import & export cargo for handling
- Import & export cargo for producing and exporting
- Temporary import and re-export
- In transit…
Moreover, PCL also provides other services like:
- Customs Clearance at sea ports and airports
- Customs Clearance at Industrial Zone
- Getting certificate of origin…